Far Cry 5 is seriously living the franchise's dream and and just in case you needed any proof, then look no further than game's PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sales, which show Far Cry 5 is definitely the most successful Far Cry to date.
According to VGChartz's chart, Far Cry 5 sold almost 2.5 million, or 2,404,712 copies to be exact. Note that the chart refers to the week ending with 31 March 2018.
Quite expectedly, PlayStation 4 led the sales with 1,687,989 copies sold, which amounts to 70 per cent of Ubisofft's console sales of Far Cry 5. Xbox One made up for the remaining 30 per cent of the sales, with only 716,713 copies sold.
Far Cry 5's US sales amounted to 41 per cent of the sales, with 980,842 units sold, followed by Europe with slightly less at 930,088, which amounts to 39 per cent. Ubisoft's Far Cry 5 performance in Japan amounted to 3 per cent of the game's sales, with 77,348 sold copies.
It is said that Far Cry 5 performed above expectations in Europe, proving beancounters wrong across UK, Germany and France. In fact, we're amazed Ubisoft didn't already sound the trumpets, seeing as how their latest instalment in the franchise managed to overshoot estimates by 100-200 thousand units.
To be fair, the game has made quite a splash when it launched, prompting Ubisoft to swiftly declare Far Cry 5 to be the fastest selling title in the franchise. In fact, it was rocking UK's physical sales charts for three weeks running, which surely had to be a record for Far Cry as well.
Ubisoft even managed to arguably widen the appeal of their franchise by lightly touching on some sensitive subjects, which caused many to expect a much more serious social commentary. Whether the game should've delved deeper into politically charged waters is up for debate, but we're sure Far Cry 5 didn't mind the extra attention that came with it.
Also, in case you haven't heard of the dangers of Bliss, feel free to indulge on the video above.