Bluehole announced a new MMORPG game - Ascent: Infinite Realm. The game will be a steampunky spiritual successor to TERA. No release date had been mentioned.
Bluehole put an end to the rumours about TERA's spiritual successor by officially announcing it. The name of the new MMORPG game is Ascent: Infinite Realm. Turns out, there was some sort of life before the age of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.
The Korean studio was previously known to MMORPG fans as the developer behind The Exiled Realms of Arborea (TERA) that launched in May, 2012. The new game was announced at this year's G-Star Game Exhibition.
The announcement trailer has dragons, people building houses, people doing barrel rolls, actual barrels rolling and more. The developer also shared the initial feature set. AIR will feature five classes: Warlord, Sorceress, Gunslinger, Assassin and Mystic.
No news on the platform though, but we know that PC is a given. Since TERA is being ported to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and PUBG is launching for Xbox One on 12 December, I think it's safe to say that AIR will be coming to all three.
The initial feature set:
- An Epic Journey Where Machines Meet Magic
- Reclaim the lost territory and explore an uncharted world. You have the chance to weave your own story into a world where machines and magic rule.
- Multi-Dimensional Game Play: Encompassing both land and sky
- Take to the skies with an assortment of airships and flying mounts! Vehicles and mounts serve as transportation, strategic weapons in PvP, and a medium for player cooperation. Airships of all sizes and various flying mounts will provide you with the ultimate airborne battle experience.
- The Sky’s the Limit
- See what you can do to your own airships, mounts, or even your estate! Build your own combat style with accessories that can redefine how your skills work. You can adjust the difficulty of hunting grounds and dungeons, allowing your personal journey to be unique. Enrich your experience by customizing your airships, collecting mounts and fixing up a place you can call home.
- Flight: Prelude to an Airborne RvR
- The vast sky of A:IR is open for adventure. Using airships, flying mounts, or free falling, you can experience multi-dimensional battles through warfare in the open sky.
- My Estate: Alpha and Omega of Gameplay
- An estate is your piece of the world. Explore the surrounding areas, grow your estate, and customize its components to make it all your own. You can also work with your neighboring estates to build a community and explore more of the game.
A closed beta will happen sometime in the first half of 2018. More info on the game can be found behind the door number two.
Door number one.
Door number two.
Door number three.
My government lets me vote.