Nintendo have announced a long list of games that'll be coming to Switch during the next couple of months. A lot of ports, first and third party games ranging from Super Mario Odyssey to Doom will soon become available for Switch.
Over the course of the next couple of months, Switch owners will have no shortage of new games coming to their console. A slew of first and third party games will find its way onto Switch and that includes Super Mario Odyssey, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Rocket League.
Highlights from the presentation include:
- Super Mario Odyssey: New information was revealed during the presentation and that includes more story details, locations and modes. Moreover, a special hardware bundle that includes a download code for the game, Mario-themed red Joy-Con controllers and a special carrying case will be available at a suggested retail price of around £284.99. Super Mario Odyssey will launch exclusively on Nintendo Switch on 27 October.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: This sequel takes place in the world of Alrest on the backs of giant Titans. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be available on Nintendo Switch on 01 December. A special edition of the game will also be available. The special edition will include a sound selection CD, a special metal game case and a 220-page hardbound art book.
- Project Octopath Traveler (working title): The producers of Bravely Defaultat Square Enix present a new RPG brought to life through a mixture of CG, pixel art and visual wizardry. Project Octopath Traveler will launch worldwide in 2018. Fans can try out a free demo for the game in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch starting today.
- DOOM and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus: Bethesda Softworks is bringing DOOM and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus to Nintendo Switch. DOOM will be available this holiday season, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus launches in 2018.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: The game launches on 17 November.
- Rocket League: This version includes all the modes from the original, plus Nintendo Switch exclusives. Exclusives are: Nintendo-themed Battle-Cars and customization items. Rocket League will be available this holiday season.
- L.A. Noire: Launches for Switch on 14 November. The game will include all of its downloadable content, new collectibles, detective suits with special abilities, a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic gesture-based controls and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles. Plus an intuitive touch-screen controls for portable gameplay.
- NBA 2K18: launches on 15 September in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch and in stores on 17 October.
- EA Sports FIFA 18: available on 29 September.
- WWE 2K18: This will complete the trifecta of sports games that are coming to Switch. This one, however, does not have a set release date.
- Nindies: Dozens of indie games are coming during the next few months.
Oh and I almost forgot about the four amiibo figures based on the Champions from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Daruk, Mipha, Revali and Urbosa. The figures will be available in stores on 10 November, and will be sold separately. Tapping the amiibo while playing the game will summon special headgear for Link based on that Champion’s Divine Beast. Additional functionality for these amiibo will be revealed in the future.