Square Enix released a new DLC pack for their Final Fantasy XV. Episode Prompto launched along with a free update and it features a high speed snowmobile and a new storyline.
Last week, ,the latest DLC pack for Final Fantasy XV got an official trailer. Today the pack is out, and players can experience a brand-new storyline from the perspective of the "fan-favourite character", Prompto.
"Players will get a glimpse in to the human side of the cheerful photographer, as Prompto Argentum and Aranea Highwind embark across a snowy wilderness with an array of new weapons to battle Imperial forces." says the press release.
Episode Prompto includes:
- A brand-new storyline, where Prompto, lost in the wilderness and battling against the Imperial forces, must find his way home and discover the truth about himself in the process
- Fast-paced, third-person gunplay battles featuring a wide variety of weapons, including basic handguns, sniper rifles, flash grenades, bazookas and more
- A new lightning fast snowmobile vehicle can be driven for taking down enemies and perform death-defying jumps while venturing through the wilderness
- Commodore Aranea Highwind and her mighty lance return to journey alongside Prompto
- Selfie Action – Players will have the ability to take selfies along the way, carrying over Prompto’s Snapshot skill from the main game
A free update was also released along with the DLC pack. The update gives players the ability to upgrade the Regalia to the new Type-D model at Hammerhead.
The new update also gives the player greater freedom to drive the Regalia off-road through various environments. Finally, you can also find new Episode Prompto themed tracks in the Regalia. As always, the update contains various fixes and more.
Final Fantasy XV is now available worldwide for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.