World of Warcraft's Tomb of Sargeras is getting a new difficulty today. Mythic difficulty will be accompanied by the first Raid Finder wing. The rest of LFR wings will roll out according to the schedule in the coming weeks on live servers.
Tomb of Sargeras and its first two difficulties: Normal and Heroic went live on 20 June. The Mythic difficulty, along with some other changes we'll be talking about shortly, will roll out today. Along with the Mythic difficulty, the first Raid Finder wing will also be open today.
The remaining three LFR wings will go live every other week. The schedule looks like this:
- Tuesday, July 11: Raid Finder Wing 2 – Wailing Halls (Demonic Inquisition, Sisters of the Moon, Desolate Host) opens.
- Tuesday, July 25: Raid Finder Wing 3 – Chamber of the Avatar (Maiden of Vigilance, Avatar of Sargeras) opens.
- Tuesday, August 8: Raid Finder Wing 4 – Deceiver’s Fall (Kil’jaeden) opens.
You'll be able to walk in with your group as soon as the raid becomes available, no attunement needed. The raids will welcome you with:
- 9 new encounters: Goroth, Demonic Inquisition, Harjatan, Mistress Sassz’ine, Sisters of the Moon, The Desolate Host, Maiden of Vigilance, Fallen Avatar, and Kil’jaeden.
- Non-linear kill order, the game will give your raid the choice of what to do next. After you kill Goroth, you can proceed three different ways, to Demonic Inquisition, Harjatan and Mistress Sassizne, or Sisters of the Moon and The Desolate Host.
- A new way to kill yourself via the famed “Elevator Boss.” After defeating Maiden of Vigilance, you descend into the depths of the Tomb on an elevator to the Fallen Avatar. Be careful not to be overeager when riding the elevator, as a premature jump can leave you un-alive.
In preparation for these raids, Blizzard buffed and nerfed all over the place to make sure everyone is ready. Havoc Demon Hunters, Survival Hunters, and Windwalker Monks have all been buffed, and Affliction Warlocks have been neferd.