Portal and Half-Life movies underway, Steam support improving and "the number 3 must not be said".
GabeN got to answering some questions in a Reddit AMA just yesterday and despite usually being quite tight lipped about its projects a lot of interesting things have come out of the back and forth. Here is a brief rundown of the highlights:
- The Portal and Half-Life movies are still under way.
- GabeN likes his steak medium rare.
- The number 3 must not be said and anonymous internet sources are not to be trusted.
- GabeN gets recognised on the street quite often.
- Work is being done on a single player game set in the Half-Life universe.
- GabeN plays Dota 2.
- A lot of work is being done on improving Steam support services.
- GabeN regrets the way Xen turned out in Half-Life 1.
- A VR input device design by Valve is in the works.
- GabeN advises new developers to get into a production process where they can get a lot of feedback.
- Valve doesn't like talking about its products before launch and prefers letting said products speak for themselves.
You can have a look at the entire AMA here.