ModDB's community voting is now colsed and the Top 10 Players Choice list revealed. The highest spots on the list are populated by the usual suspects as far as vanilla games go, but it's the mods and modders who take the spotlight.
The ModDB community voted on the best mods of 2016 for 20 days and the results are in. The voting took place in two phases and most mods that made significant strides in 2016 were eligible for the finals. The winner mods will be decorated with an award badge on their profile page, receive a sweet promotional boost to their promo efforts with the help of ModDB and an engraved pewter pocket watch.
Here are the top 10 mods of 2016:
10. Expanding Fronts (SW: Galactic Battlegrounds)
9. RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (Arma III)
8. Call of Warhammer: Beffining of the End Times (TW: Medieval II)
7. Divide and Conquer (TW: Medieval II)
6. Medieval Kingdoms: Total War (TW: Atila)
5. Brutal Doom 64 (Doom II)
4. Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War (SW: Empire at War - FoC)
3. Hearts of Iron IV: The Great War (Hearts of Iron IV)
2. Enderal (TES V: Skyrim)
1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat)
You can take a look at a more detailed list and honourable mentions over at ModDB.com.