The console version of Minecraft moves to 1.10
Teardrops on hardware are generally bad for electronics, so to save everyone some grief and sadness, the console version of Minecraft gets some love this week.
Version 1.10 is here, and console Minecraft moves closer to the PC version in terms of content. The update adds new mobs, blocks and loads of End related content, such as End Cities and Ships. Console players can now also pull an R.Kelly with the addition of wings.
Here’s the full changelog:
- New mobs: Shulker, Stray Skeleton, Husk Zombie, Skeleton Trap Horses
- New Blocks: Chorus Flower, Chorus Plant, Dragon Head, End Gateway, End Rod, Purpur Block,
- Purpur Pillar, Purpur Stairs, Purpur Slab
- New Items: Chorus Fruit, Chorus Fruit, Dragons’s Breath, Elytra, End Crystal, Lingering Potion, Water Splash Potion, Popped Chorus Fruit, Potion of Luck, Tipped Arrow; Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia, and Dark Oak boats
- New Status Effects: Levitation, Luck
- The End: significant changes to The End dimension – End Cities, End Ship
- Crafting: UI updated to allow crafting fireworks, similarly to how Banners are crafted
- Brewing: changed to include a slot for Blaze Powder
- Tutorial: new Tutorial world, including tutorials for Banners and Elytra