ARK: Survival Evolved is now available as a launch title for Xbox One X. Xbox One X owners of ARK will have immediate access to these Xbox One X enhancements. The enhancement pack is available as a free update.
Studio Wildcard is getting in on the Xbox One X action by making some enhancements to their dinosaur adventure game. ARK: Survival Evolved is now available as a launch title for Xbox One X.
The Xbox One X game enhancement pack is available as a free update, and "takes full advantage of the new system’s power, delivering next-generation gaming with brilliant HDR visuals, 1440p high-resolution options, longer draw distances and enhanced visual effects, higher framerates, significantly reduced load times and much more" brags the press release.
"Ever since the original announcement of the Xbox One X, we've been excited to see how far Microsoft would push the hardware specs, and how far that would let us push ARK," said Jeremy Stieglitz, Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, Development Director, Co-Creative Director, Co-Founder of Studio Wildcard. "When gamers get their hands on this powerful new console, and of course, on the new build of ARK, we expect they'll be just as impressed as we are with how much more visually immersive the world of ARK becomes."
ARK: Survival Evolved has had more than 10 million players since it launched, and the game's SteamCharts page says that the all-time peak number of concurrent players hit 100,723.
Xbox One X owners of ARK will have immediate access to these Xbox One X enhancements described in the press release:
- The "Eyes" Have It: Enjoy “Detail Mode” with buttery smooth 30 FPS gameplay at 1440p or 60 FPS at 1080p in “Medium Quality”
- See Farther, and With More Detail: In 1440p "Detail Mode", long-range shadows, high quality textures and extended draw distances enhance visual fidelity, while the "TrueSky" system renders volumetric clouds, realistic atmospheric fog & sunlight scattering, and dynamic weather systems.
- Split Screen and Split Up: In local splitscreen multiplayer mode, players can now split up to independently explore the islands.
- More Power Means More Players: With increased hardware performance, Xbox One X servers can now host 70 players in a game.
- Get There Faster: Improved loading and streaming times get you where you want to go on the ARK faster than before.