The open beta for Destiny 2 is set to start this week. Bungie has shared the exact schedule. There is also a list of features that will be available during the open beta, and a list of features that will not be making an appearance.
Now for the stuff you actually came for: beta date, start times and beta access.
- Destiny 2 PS4 Beta early access start time - 18 July, 6 pm BST - for those who pre-order
- Destiny 2 Xbox One Beta start time - 19 July, 6 pm BST - for those who pre-order
- Destiny 2 Open Beta start time for all players on consoles - 21 July, 6 pm BST
- Destiny 2 Beta end time for all players on consoles - 23 July, 5 am BST - for consoles
- Destiny 2 PC Beta start time - some time in late August, more information to follow
You can gain access to the beta by pre-ordering a copy of the game. Bungie will also host a giveaway on social media. I wish you luck.
The beta will feature:
- Opening story mission, Homecoming
- Two Crucible modes, Countdown (new to Destiny 2, attack and defend based) and Control (classic zone control)
- Two Crucible maps, the Felwinter Peak-set Vostok and Endless Vale
- Co-operative Strike, The Inverted Spire
- New sub-classes, Warlock (Dawnblade), Hunter (Arcstrider) and Titan (Sentinel)
- Social Space, The Farm (for one hour only on 23 July at 6 pm BST)
- New emblem to unlock in the full game if you play the beta
Additionally, we now know what won't be in the beta:
- Clan support
- Character progression within the beta
- Character progression beyond the beta into the full game
So pretty standard open beta stuff. You can check out Destiny 2 gameplay and PC specs right here.